Great news! This is a Fully Funded Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship For International Students for the academic year 2020/2021. Read and act immediately
Brunei is a very small nation in 2 different sections, on the island of Borneo, surrounded by the South China Sea and Malaysia. It is popularly known for its biodiverse rainforest, much of it protected within reserves, and its beaches.
The capital of Brunei is Bandar Seri Begawan which is home to the opulent Jame’ Asr Hassanil Bolkiah mosque and its 29 golden domes.
The massive Istana Nurul Iman palace of the capital is the residence of the ruling sultan of Brunei. Brunei’s small, wealthy economy is a mixture of domestic and foreign entrepreneurship, welfare measures, village tradition and government regulation.
About 90% of its GDP is accounted for in crude oil and natural gas production. Over 167,000 barrels (26,600m³) of oil are produced every day which makes Brunei the fourth-largest producer of oil in Southeast Asia.
Also, It produces an estimate of 25.3 million cubic metres (890×106 cu ft) of liquified natural gas per day, which also makes Brunei the ninth-largest exporter of the substance in the world. Most of its investments are made by the Brunei Investment Agency, which is an arm of the Ministry of Finance.
The government subsidizes rice and housing and provides for all medical services. They heavily depend on imports such as electrical products, motorcars, and agricultural products (e.g. rice, food products, livestock, etc.) from other countries. 60% of Brunei’s food requirements are imported amongst which around 75% come from the ASEAN countries.
Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship
Every year, the Brunei Darussalam Government offers scholarships to international students under a special scholarship award scheme. The scholarship awards will provide applicants with the opportunity to study at Politeknik Brunei (PB), University of Brunei Darussalam (UBD), Brunei Institute of Technology (ITB) and Islam Sultan Sharif Ali University (UNISSA).
The Brunei Darussalam government scholarships are awarded to applicants who are pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate degree program in various disciplines offered by the UBD, ITB, UNISSA and PB at different levels.
Applications are invited for Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships 2020/2021 available for international students to study at these above-mentioned universities and institutions. These scholarships are awarded to the students of OIC, ASEAN, Commonwealth Member Countries and others.
The Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship award is usually tenable for the duration of the programme. In other words, it is usually tenable for the minimum period required to obtain the specific degree which is four years for a first degree with honours, one to two years for a master’s degree, three years for a doctoral degree at UBD, UNISSA and ITB, two and a half years for HND at ITB, three years for diploma of health sciences at UBD, all on a full-time basis.
Once the application is successful and a scholarship is awarded, the full listing of the terms and conditions of the scholarship will be provided to the recipient. He/she will be required to sign a declaration confirming his/her understanding and agreement to these terms and conditions upon acceptance of the scholarship.
However, among the general terms and conditions are the following;
A scholarship recipient is required to:[su_list]
- Conform to the stated rules and regulations underlying this Scholarship
- Abide by the stated rules and regulations of the University/ Polytechnic
- Respect the culture, customs and official religion of Brunei Darussalam
- Obey the stated laws and regulations of Brunei Darussalam
- Refrain from engaging in political activities
- Undergo health screening in Brunei Darussalam, if necessary by the Ministry of Foreign Affair
- Leave Brunei Darussalam with immediate effect upon completion of the programme.
Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
Type of scholarship:
Undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship worth:
The Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship worth is as follows;[su_list]
- The scholars are exempted from paying tuition fees and other appropriate compulsory fees as determined by the university for the duration of the programme.
- One return air-ticket (economy class) for the most economically viable route to Brunei Darussalam will be determined by the Government. Apart from which no other assistance will be provided towards additional travel expenses.
Allowances payable will include:[su_list]
- Monthly personal allowance of BND500.00
- Annual Book Allowance BND600.00
- Monthly food allowance of BND150.00
- Upon completion of the program, a Baggage allowance of BND250.00 will be issued to a maximum institution in the ASEAN region and BND500.00 in a non-ASEAN region.
- Accommodation at the residential college of the respective institution is provided. If the scholar chooses not to live in the provided accommodation, no additional allowance will be given in the lieu of board and transport.
- Outpatient medical and/or dental treatment will be undertaken at any of the Brunei government hospitals. However, an administrative charge is payable for each consultation with the general practitioner or specialist
Note: Should the student seek further medical or dental treatments at a private hospital or clinic, all expenses will be borne by the student themselves.
Number of recipients for the Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship:
In other to qualify to apply for the Brunei Darussalam government scholarship for international students in the 2020/2021 academic session, the following criteria must be met;[su_list]
- Applications are open to citizens of Commonwealth, ASEAN and OIC member countries.
- Applicants must be nominated by their Government.
- Applicants must be medically certified to be fit to undertake the scholarship and to study in Brunei Darussalam, by a qualified practitioner registered with any Government Authority(ies) prior to arrival in Brunei Darussalam. Any and all costs incurred in obtaining this certification are to be borne by the applicant.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes and below the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes on the 31st July 2020.
- This award is NOT eligible for Permanent Residents of Brunei Darussalam.
How to apply:[su_list]
- Application forms should be downloaded online.
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency or Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that the applicant is clear from any civil and criminal charges).
- Completed application forms are to be emailed to: applyBDGS2020@mfa.gov.bn
- Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must complete an online application on https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
14th February, 2020.[su_button url=”http://mfa.gov.bn/Pages/BDGS.aspx” target=”blank” background=”#ef3c2d”]Apply Here[/su_button]
We Recommend Also:
- University of British Columbia Scholarships 2020-2021
- 13 Cheapest U.S. Universities For International Students
- 2020 Türkiye Scholarship Application For Graduates And Undergraduates Program.
- How to Survive as an International Student in the UK
- See Why You Should Study In Canada As An International Student
- How To Survive As An International Student In Canada
- Top 10 Best Universities in Germany