Do you want to study in the United States for masters? Then this article is for you. The U.S. is the most popular study destination for international students, with over 1.1 million international students currently studying in the USA.
If you don’t have enough U.S. dollars to pay for study in the U.S., we have good news for you. Do you know that you can get fully funded scholarships to study in the USA for master’s degrees?
In this piece, we have put together our top 10 fully-funded scholarships in the USA for international students. By fully funded, your tuition fees, living, travel, and other expenses are taken care of by the scholarship provider.
Are you wondering how to get such scholarships? Here are some top scholarships you can apply to with the necessary information you need to make your application.
1. Kosovo American Education Fund
The Kosovo American Education Fund (KAEF) is dedicated to the long-term economic development of Kosovo through the education of its people. KAEF provides up to 8 graduate fellowships per year to promising Kosovars for top-level training at select U.S. universities.
The scholarship offers masters programs in Business administration, Economics, International Affairs, Law, Public Administration, and Public Policy
Students from Kosovo are eligible only.
The KAEF Program does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, religion, color, gender, or disability. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Application for the KAEF Program is merit-based and open to anyone who meets the following requirements:[su_list icon=”icon: check-circle” icon_color=”#ff0808″]
- In possession of a passport from Kosovo.
- A resident in Kosovo and residing in Kosovo at the time of application as well as during the selection process.
- Can convincingly demonstrate existing and durable ties to Kosovo, and a strong commitment to return to Kosovo for at least two years after the end of the program.
- The recipient of an undergraduate degree by the time of study in the U.S. (degree must be in law to apply to the KAEF Program).
- Proficient in English at the time of application.
- Can demonstrate professional aptitude and leadership potential in the chosen field of specialization.
- Can begin the program of study in the United States.
- Can receive and maintain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa
Highly ranked candidates are interviewed and tested in Kosovo.
Finally, the applications, test scores, and interview results of highly ranked candidates are reviewed by U.S. admissions experts, and fellowship awardees are selected. Results are announced in the early summer.
The scholarship is fully funded to cover the following:[su_list icon=”icon: check-circle” icon_color=”#ff0808″]
- Tuition fees
- Textbook allowance
- Round-Trip travel
- Monthly stipend
- Medical Insurance
Check back next year
2. Robert T Jones Memorial Trust Graduate Scholarship at Emory University in Atlanta, USA
The Robert T Jones Scholarships (also known as Bobby Jones scholarships) support students for one year of study at Emory University in Atlanta. They are among the most valuable and prestigious available to students at St Andrews and cover all mandatory costs.
The University of St Andrews
Students who are completing their final year of undergraduate study and are open to all nationalities, except United States citizens.
It is available to all nationalities, except U.S. citizens.
Robert T Jones Fellows will be able to pursue a graduate degree through one of the following Masters:[su_list icon=”icon: check-circle” icon_color=”#ff0808″]
- Candler School of Theology: Master of Theological Studies (MTS)
- Emory College of Arts and Sciences: Master’s Program – Film Studies
- Rollins School of Public Health: Master of Public Health (MPH) and Master of Science in Public Health (MSPH)
- Laney Graduate School: Master of Arts in Bioethics and Master’s in Development Practice
- Emory School of Law: Juris Master Program
To apply for the program, applicants must have a previous degree.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to present evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the university.
How to Apply:
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the application, alongside documents such as personal statement, and references.
These are sufficient to cover all the necessary costs for the year at Emory. Precisely, tuition and other fees are paid for, as are room and board in a university residence. Mandatory health insurance is arranged by Emory University, and the Trust offers all scholars with dental insurance.
Also, each Scholar receives a personal stipend to cover essential expenditures and books and sundries. Return air tickets from the U.K. to Atlanta are provided.
The Scholars are encouraged to travel in the United States. Each gets a special travel stipend. Also, scholars have the use of a car, and driver orientation will be provided. The precise breakdown of the stipend and travel allowance will be provided to the successful candidates.
The Graduate award will provide a yearly return airfare from a U.K. airport to Atlanta, payment of your course fee, housing for the duration of your study, health insurance, and an annual living stipend.
The precise breakdown of the stipend and travel allowance will be provided to the successful candidates.
Check back next year
3. Fulbright Foreign Student Program for French Candidates at American Universities, 2019-2020
You may apply for Fulbright Foreign Student Program for French Candidates for the Cycle 2019-2020. Founded in 1948 and funded by the French Government and the U.S. Government, the Franco-American Fulbright commission allows its laureates to carry out their projects in the United States or France and to be fully involved in the dialogue between the two people.
The students can pursue Master’s and PhD programs.
It covers all fields of study.
Available for French students.
Number of Scholarships:
10 to 12 financial aid positions will be awarded.
The studentships are available for French students.
To be eligible, the candidate must meet the following conditions:[su_list icon=”icon: check-circle” icon_color=”#ff0808″]
- To be of French nationality. Applicants are eligible for the Fulbright program through the Bilateral Commission of their home country.
- Have validated at least three (3) years of higher education at the date of submission of the application.
- Have excellent knowledge of English. (As an indication, 92 minimum required for the TOEFL iBT)
- Be admitted to a U.S. university for a Masters or PhD degree program that spans at least 9 months. (In general, bursary and admission applications are made in parallel: applicants must indicate in the file the universities to which they are applying and send us letters of admission as and when they are awarded.) Fellowships are granted subject to definitive admission to the institutions included in the application file
Candidates Considered Ineligible for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program:[su_list icon=”icon: check-circle” icon_color=”#ff0808″]
- Students who hold dual French and American citizenship are ineligible for Fulbright scholarships.
- Students already following a course of study at an American university are not eligible for programs from the Franco-American Commission. Similarly, candidates already in the United States cannot apply.
- If all the university you apply for does not provide or require TOEFL results, you do not need to submit one to the Commission. Instead, insert in a single pdf document attesting to this exemption.
- If you have taken the TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, or GMAT, indicate the date of the examination and your results.
- Already taken the test but have not yet received your results? If yes, indicate the date you took the exam and then forward your results as soon as they are available.
- If you are taking one of these tests in the near future, please put the date you plan to do so and then forward your results as soon as they are available.
Award from $ 6,000 to $ 45,000 depending on the partner foundations and the cumulations to which you are eligible. It covers the following:[su_list icon=”icon: check-circle” icon_color=”#ff0808″]
- A fixed travel allowance (1200 €)
- Free visa fees and the facilitation of procedures for obtaining it
- Orientation session in Paris organized by the Franco-American Fulbright Commission (end of June – beginning of July)
- Health insurance offered by the U.S. State Department (we recommend that applicants provide the cost of complementary health insurance)
- Support programs, seminars, outings, volunteer opportunities, etc. offered on the spot in the United States by our partner agency II
Check back next year
4. Disability Rights program at Open Society Institute in USA, 2020
The Disability Rights program is funded by the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). The program provides yearlong awards for master’s degree study for law degrees.
Its objective is to provide disability rights advocates, lawyers, and educators with the necessary expertise to develop new legislation, jurisprudence, policy, research, and scholarship to harness the innovations and opportunities.
University or Organization:
Open Society Institute
Tuition and mandatory university fees
Number of Awards:
Applicants from Ethiopia, Lesotho, Sudan, South Sudan, Czech Republic, Georgia, or Ukraine are eligible to apply for the opportunity.
The sponsorship will be awarded to disability rights advocates, lawyers, and educators.
To be eligible, the candidates must meet all the following requirements:[su_list icon=”icon: check-circle” icon_color=”#ff0808″]
- Have work experience in the legal profession or advocacy focusing on human/disability rights.
- Have an excellent academic record with a bachelor of laws (LLB; in exceptional circumstances, those without an LLB but with substantial relevant experience may be considered)—a degree must be awarded by the application deadline.
- Have demonstrated leadership in the field of disability rights.
- Be able to receive and maintain a visa or study permit required by the host country.
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to return to home country to contribute to advancing the inclusion and full participation of persons with disabilities in their communities.
- Candidates must be proficient in spoken and written English or French and able to meet university designated minimum scores on standardized language tests
When you are ready to prepare your application, you will have to meet the entry requirements.
How to Apply:
To apply online, please click here to register, and then follow the instructions. If you are unable to apply online, the full application form (available above or from the regional coordinators), then all supporting documents must be submitted via email by the deadline to the appropriate contact.
Before submitting your application, you should gather all required supporting documents. Any document not in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation. Relevant documents include:[su_list icon=”icon: check-circle” icon_color=”#ff0808″]
- CV/Resume in English (no more than three pages)
- Photocopy of the page in your passport/national I.D. displaying your photo, name, and citizenship. Include this document for all passports/national I.D.s you hold.
- Transcripts/Grade Reports (list of courses taken and grades received for the most recent academic degree earned)
It provides the following:[su_list icon=”icon: check-circle” icon_color=”#ff0808″]
- Tuition and mandatory university fees;
- Monthly stipend for room, board, and other living expenses;
- Program-related travel;
- Accident and health insurance during the program;
- Funds for educational materials and professional development;
- All costs associated with the pre-academic summer program and an annual conference;
- Support for students with disabilities to obtain reasonable accommodations necessary for participating in the program of study.
January 06, 2020
[su_button url=”https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/grants/disability-rights-scholarship-program” background=”#ef3c2d”]VISIT SCHOLARSHIP WEBPAGE[/su_button]
5. MIUR Fulbright Research Scholar and Self-Placed Program for Italian Students in USA.
Applications are invited for Fulbright Research Scholar and Self-Placed Program Scholarships for the academic year 2019-2020. These programs are available for Italian citizens.
The purpose of this program is to provide an opportunity for students to undertake post-graduate specialization, research and teaching program at universities and campuses in the U.S.
The Ministry of Education, University and Research are assigned the functions and duties of the State in terms of school education. The university is highly artistic, musical and dance training, scientific and technological research.
University or Organization:
Ministry of Education, University and Research
Master and PhD programs
Worth up to $38,000
Number of Awards:
Eight programs are awarded
The award is available for Italian citizens.
Educations are awarded to pursue the master or PhD degree programs and for teaching projects at the best U.S. universities in the field of Medicine and Surgery, of Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, and Psychology and similar.
The applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:[su_list icon=”icon: check-circle” icon_color=”#ff0808″]
- The candidate must be enrolled in a master’s or PhD degree programs at the U.S. University. The call is open to post-doc fellows, researchers, university professors, and independent scholars in art-related fields and for teaching projects at the best U.S. universities.
- For admission at the university, applicants need to have their bachelor’s degree certificates and all the academic qualifications that are required for admission.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the university.
How to apply:
To apply, the applicants need to take admission in any course at any U.S. university. After taking full-time enrollment, candidates will be eligible to apply.
Candidates must have to submit curriculum vitae, a letter of motivation, copies of transcripts, and a statement of purpose.
The award, covering a period of 9 months, is of up to $38,000.
Check back next year
We recommend also:[su_list icon=”icon: check-circle” icon_color=”#ff0808″]
- Graduate Programs that do not require a GRE Test Score in Australia
- How to Apply to Study in Germany
- Marquette University Global Scholar Award for Undergraduate Students at Milwaukee USA 2020
- See Why You Should Study In Canada As An International Student
- How to Get Fully Funded Masters Scholarships for International Students in Australia
- ICSP Scholarships at University of Oregon USA