Maastricht University (UM) Holland–High potential scholarship programme 2021 offers about 24 fully-funded scholarships. The scholarship is worth approximately €30,000 which covers tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend every academic year.
The scholarship is given to highly talented students who are not origins of the European Union (EU) and are admitted to a Master’s programme in the Maastricht University (UM) Holland.
The scholarship is of two types: the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund), and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences.
It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
- 13 months for a one-year Master’s programme
- 25 months for a two-year Master’s programme
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 1ST FEBRUARY, 2021
SEE ALSO; Marquette University Global Scholar Award for Undergraduate Students at Milwaukee USA 2020
All candidates must meet the following requirements to apply for the Maastricht University (UM) Holland–High Potential Scholarship Programme:
- Candidates must hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2021.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2021-2022 scholarship programme applicants.
How to apply for the Maastricht University (UM) Holland–High Potential Scholarship Programme:
Step 1: Register for one of the participating Master’s programmes at Maastricht University. For further details on how to register for a Master’s programme at UM, please see your prospective programme’s webpage. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number for Maastricht University. You will need a student number in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form.
Step 2: Please fill in the application form as per the table below:
|Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASoS)||Application form|
|Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences (FHML)||Application form*|
|Faculty of Psychology and Neurosciences (FPN)||Application form|
|Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE)||Application form*|
|Faculty of Law (FL)||Application form*|
|School of Business and Economics (SBE)||Application form*|
Step 3: You will have to contact the referee you provided in your application form and ask them to submit their reference letter per email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on 1 February 2021 (Central European Time).
FOR MORE INFORMATION about the Maastricht University (UM) Holland–High Potential Scholarship Programme: