The study in Canada scholarships program offers students with short-term exchange opportunities to study in Canada or carry out researches. This is scholarship is for students from new countries and it is for undergraduate and postgraduate study levels.
The study in Canada scholarships program is enabled through collaborations by institutions and student exchange agreement between post-secondary institutions and eligible.
The candidates must be full-time registered scholars in their home country institutions at the time of application and for the entirety of their study in Canada.
To be eligible for the study in Canada scholarships program, the candidates must be a citizen of any of these continents/countries below.
- Asia: Bangladesh, Nepal, Taiwan
- Europe: Turkey, Ukraine
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda
- must be enrolled as full-time students at post-secondary institutions in the eligible countries/territories and paying any tuition fees required by these institutions at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange
- who hold Canadian citizenship or permanent residency, or who have a pending application for permanent residency in Canada are not eligible;
- already participating in an exchange scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada are not eligible; and
- Already enrolled in a program at a Canadian post-secondary institution are not eligible.
SCHOLARSHIP VALUE AND DURATION
The value of the study in Canada scholarships program depends on the duration of studies
- CAD 10,200 for college, undergraduate or graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a minimum of four months or one academic term of study or research; or
- CAD 12,700 for graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a period of five to six months of study or research.
In addition to the funds allocated to the recipients by DFATD, the Canadian host institution may also claim CAD 500 per scholarship recipient to assist with administrative costs once the scholarship recipient arrives in Canada.
The study in Canada scholarships program application ends on March 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
Only applications submitted directly by Canadian institutions will be considered.
The scholarship administrator is not able to provide feedback for unsuccessful candidates.
These scholarships are subject to the availability of funding from the Government of Canada.
For more information about this scholarship, please VISIT THE SCHOLARSHIP HOME
We also recommend you read:
- REASONS WHY YOUR CANADIAN STUDENT VISA WAS REJECTED
- SEE WHY YOU SHOULD STUDY IN CANADA AS AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT
- HOW TO GET YOUR PERMANENT RESIDENCE AFTER STUDY AS AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT IN CANADA
- TOP 10 COURSES IN CANADA WITH HIGH JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- HOW TO APPLY FOR A CANADIAN STUDY PERMIT AS AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT