The University of Toronto is one of the elite Universities in Canada and the world at large. It was established in 1827 and has grown to accommodate students across the world. Located in and around Toronto, the University’s core mission is to ensure that all students offered admission should be able to complete their studies and as such, International students, as well as domestic students, are given various scholarships, fellowship and grants in the University to achieve their dreams. The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto is aimed to give an unequalled opportunity for outstanding international students.
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto is intended to appreciate students who;
• Are international students (i.e. a non-Canadians requiring a study permit);
• Are currently in the final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2020
• Are beginning their studies at the University of Toronto in September 2021 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2021 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
• Performed exceptionally in academics and creativity.
• Have made an unequivocal impact in their school and community.
• Have demonstrated leadership skills
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto is an annual scholarship and is the U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students. The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto covers tuition, books, incidental fees and full residence support for four years.
HOW TO APPLY:
To become a Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship holder:
• You must be nominated by your school and also apply for undergraduate studies at the U of T. (You can ask your school’s guidance and counsellor how to go about this). For secondary schools who are not part of this scholarship already, apply here
• After you have been nominated by your G&C, and you have applied, a personalized secure link will be sent to you.
• School nomination deadline: November 30, 2020
• Student OUAC application deadline: December 14, 2020 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; however, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 7, 2020, as spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
• Student scholarship application deadline: January 18, 2021
For more information about the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto, Please visit the scholarship home page